4.5.1 Anti-obesity drugs acting on the gastro-intestinal tract
NICE CG189: Obesity
Prescribe only as part of an overall plan for managing obesity in adults who have:
- BMI of 28.0 kg/m2 or more with associated risk factors, or
- BMI of 30.0 kg/m2 or more.
- Continue treatment for longer than 3 months only if the person has lost at least 5% of their initial body weight since starting drug treatment
- Continue for longer than 12 months only after discussing potential benefits and limitations with the patient.
- First Line Drugs
- Second Line Drugs
- Specialist Initiated Drugs
- Specialist Only Drugs
- Mixed Status