9.4.2 Enteral nutrition
Advice on enteral tube feeding can be obtained from the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
Arrangements in the East Sussex Health Economy:
- Patients in primary care receiving home enteral tube feeding under the care of the dietitians will be registered with a home enteral feed company.
- The current contract is with Nutricia Clinical Care.
- All patients need to be under the care of a Registered Dietitian for assessment and monitoring.
- Patients should be referred by a GP if necessary.
- Each patient’s dietitian will request the GP to write the appropriate feed on FP10 prescription, and forward the prescription to the Home Care company.
- The feed and ancillary equipment will be delivered to the patient’s home on a date agreed by the patient, carer or nursing home etc.
- Nutricia Clinical Care are contracted in the East Sussex area to provide a pump replacement service, Home Care nurse and 24hour telephone support for patients.
- Further information on the Nutricia Homeward service can be obtained from the Dietetic Department
- For further information on Enteral Feeding, please refer to Trust Guidelines for Home Enteral Feeding (adults) - see below.
Please see: ESHT enteral tube feeding policy
Please see: Guidance on Re-feeding syndrome
- First Line Drugs
- Second Line Drugs
- Specialist Initiated Drugs
- Specialist Only Drugs
- Mixed Status